Sniffer Problems - Adding SS to your firewall exceptions list
Posted by James Todd (Import) on 16 February 2011 03:13 PM
To add Song Surgeon 3 or Video Surgeon and WinPCap to Windows Firewall Exceptions list please follow the instructions below.Â If you are NOT using the default firewall provided by Windows, the process will be different and you will need to consult the documentation for that program for instructions on how to do this.
1. First go to Start Menu then click control Panel.
2. From the Control Panel click on the
3. Once you click Windows Firewall, screen below will appear, click on the exception tab to add programs in the exceptions.
See below image:
4. Browse toÂ C: Program Files\Song Surgeon 3\Â Â Â Â and then select the â€œSongSurgeon.exeâ€ file and then click okay.
5. Then select the browse button again and go to:Â C: Program Files\WinpCap\Â and then select the file
Once you have completed adding these two as exceptions, open the sniffer and try it again.Â Some machines may require rebooting for these changes to take effect.