The following issue is normally encountered when the YT Downloading module is not updating.
Here is what you should do:
1. Temporarily disable your antivirus program and ALL of its modules (firewall, virus protection, system protection, etc.)
2. Right click the DS2 icon and select Run as Admin
3. Once it opens go to Help >> Check for updates.
4. By default Win 10 has file extensions turn off so following these instructions to
turn them on. To turn them on do the follow
Open Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization.
Now, click on Folder Options or File Explorer Option, as it is now called > View tab.
In this tab, under Advance Settings, you will see the option Hide extensions for known file types.
Uncheck this option and click on Apply and OK.
5. Next go to the program files folder shown below
C:\Program Files (x86)\Download Surgeon 2
6. In this folder look for a ytdl.exe and a ytdl.exe.new file.
If you only have a ytdl.exe file what is the date on it??
If you have both, delete the ytdl.exe and rename the ytdl.exe.new file to ytdl.exe
Now close the program. Open it again. Try the YT module.
After doing this if you still have problems, please complete a Help Desk ticket.