Webroot Antivirus Blocking Song Surgeon from Running
Posted by James Todd (Import) on 31 October 2013 12:27 PM
Several customer have reported that Webroot has flagged one of Song Surgeon's files and will not let it run|
This file is named, SongSurgeon4Reg.exe. It runs to activate your software and to download updates.
We recommend that you add an exception to the Webroot software for this file to allow it to run. Here are
the steps. If your version of webroot is different you may need to do a search to find out how to do that
on your version.
1. Open Secure Anywhere and click on the gear icon next to "PC Security".
2. Open the "Block/Allow Files" tab which opens a list of manually detected files.
3. Songsurgeon4reg.exe appeared in this list.
4. In the right column I clicked the button for "Allow" for this file.
5. If the file does not appear in the list you can add it by clicking the "Add File" button or by dragging & dropping the file from Explorer.