Video Surgeon Doesn't Have the Necessary Codecs
Posted by james todd on 21 May 2018 02:46 PM
If you see a message when trying to open a file in Video Surgeon that it doesn't have the necessary codecs|
and you have a windows OS, please try the following
- Go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Video Surgeon 2
- In this folder find the main Video Surgeon application file. It is named: VideoSurgeon.exe
- Right click it and select Properties.
- Find the Security Tab and click it, you will see a window like the attached.
- Find and click on the item that says Users, in the Window (Group or User names)
- After selecting it with your mouse, view the permissions in the form below it.
- In this window ALL of the permissions should be checked. If they are not, click the EDIT button
- and then select all of these: Full Control, Modify, Read & Execute, Read, Write, Special Permissions.
- Once you have selected these click Apply, then click Okay, to close the window.
- Now start Video Surgeon again and try to open a file.
If this doesn't solve the problem, please complete a Help Desk Support Ticket.